NITA Launches Georgia Unarmed Security Pre-Licensing Curriculum
The job market is growing substantially for Security Professionals, with more than 8,000 security companies now employing 80,000 contracted Security Professionals. For individuals in Georgia interested in joining this expanding field, The National Investigative Training Academy, Inc. (NITA) now offers a Georgia Unarmed Security Pre-Licensing curriculum.
Specific states require Security Professionals to have specific licensing. Contact NITA to learn more about the requirements in your state and for recommendations on the appropriate training for your desired career path.
What NITA Offers Through Security Pre-Licensing Courses
The Georgia Unarmed Security Guard Training (24 hours) is an online course designed to train Security Guards in the state of Georgia. This course was developed in accordance with the Georgia Private Detective and Security Agencies Act, OCGA 43-37-7.1, and Chapter 509 from the Rules and Regulations of the state of Georgia.
NITA is a board-approved provider of investigative training in the state of Georgia with a CLTR license #001021. Our online program delivers a comprehensive curriculum that provides a flexible and convenient way to pursue a security license in Georgia.
To fully prepare students for a career in security, this course covers a wide range of topics, including crime scene protection, professional ethics, crowd control, dealing with hazardous materials, and terrorism awareness.
This course includes a final examination which students must pass to receive credit for their training. Upon completion of the training, students will be able to immediately download a certificate of completion with proof of training.
- NITA Course Introduction and Security Officer Job Outlook
- Role of Private Security: Crime and Accident Scene Protection
- Role of Private Security: Private Security and the Law
- Role of Private Security: Ethics and Professionalism
- Patrol and Observation: Patrol Techniques
- Patrol and Observation: Information Gathering and Interviewing Techniques
- Patrol and Observation: Fundamentals of Personal Security
- Patrol and Observation: Field Notes and Report Writing
- Incident Response and Emergency Procedures
- Incident Response and Crowd Control
- Incident Response and Fire Detection, Suppression and Life Safety
- Incident Response and Hazardous Materials
- Incident Response and Terrorism Awareness
- Security Resources and Crime Awareness
- Security Resources and Traffic Direction
- Security Resources and Public Relations
- Security Resources and Interpersonal Communication
- Basic Emergency First Aid
What is the Job Outlook for Security Professionals?
Professional Security has become a $25.5 billion field, and there are plenty of unique career paths available. That’s why it’s important to take advantage of the benefits of enrolling in online security training that gives you the skills needed to immediately advance in your career. NITA’s courses cover important traits for security professionals, including:
- Emotional control
- Communication skills
- Client relationship skills
- Basic computer skills
Among the career options now available to Security Professionals:
- Security Guard
- Security Officer
- Patrol Officer
- Security Escort
- Security Manager
- Security Specialist
- Security Analyst
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Security Consultant
Start Your Exciting Security Career Today With NITA
In the state of Georgia, the National Investigative Training Academy, Inc. (NITA) is a reliable source for training to become a Security Professional. Professionals who have completed the online Unarmed Security Guard Training course required for Georgia residents enjoy careers in an exciting field that allows them to work for the U.S. government, large corporations, small firms, and even start their own security businesses.
At NITA, we also know that it can be challenging to secure the proper training for a new career path, which is why all our courses are available with immediate enrollment and can be accessed online 24/7. We encourage you to study at your own pace
You can enroll in any state-certified course offered by NITA right now. To enroll or learn more about the exciting opportunities available, call 1-800-730-NITA (6482) or explore our online course offerings.