- Legal Aspects of Private Security
- Role of Private Security Officers
- Security Officer Conduct and Principles of Communication
- Observation and Incident Planning to include Report Writing
- Principles of Access Control, Patrol, Safeguarding Information, and Physical Security
- Interviewing, Emergency Preparations, and Office Safety
- Medical Emergencies, First Aid, and Emergency Preparedness
- Terrorism, Event Security, and Communication
- Special Issues to Consider During Security Operation
- Introduction to Weapons and Exam Preparation/Review
- Complete 40 hours of course instruction
- Successfully pass the end-of-course examination with a 75% or higher score
- Computer and Internet access with video and audio capabilities
- U.S state or federal-issued photo identification. This will need to be uploaded to your student portal and presented daily during attendance
- Mandatory attendance for 40 hours and exam completion
Upon successful completion of this training, the student can apply for the Florida Security D license. NITA will issue the certificate of completion (form # FDACS 16103) to the student and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Additional Course Details
Courses will be offered in several options: A week session to include 40+ hours over 5 days or a two-week session offering 40+ hours over 10 half-day sessions.
Students will participate via a secure platform, guided by a Florida DI-licensed instructor. Topics cover a wide variety of industry subjects and follow the training guidelines outlined in Florida Administrative Code 5N-1.140.
NITA holds a school license DS #3000086.