What qualities should a PI posess?
Much of a private investigator’s success is attributed to his or her ability to collect, analyze and compile information gathered from an investigation. However, successful collaboration with other key agencies, including law enforcement and legal firms, are equally important components of case resolution.
Private investigators are expected to handle all cases ethically and professionally, while maintaining sound judgment and confidentiality. An effective private investigator possesses the experience, skills and tenacity it takes to pursue a case in its entirety. Often, these investigators have continued their education through advanced training courses and are willing to go above and beyond in order to get the job done.
Do you have what it takes to become a successful PI? We asked our students and social media fans to tell us the qualities that they think all Private Investigators should embody. Here’s what they said a PI should be:
What characteristics would you add to this list? We would love to hear from you! Share your feedback with us in the comment section below or join the conversation on our social media channels.
- 6 Qualities of Highly Effective Private Investigators
- 5 Ways a Background in Military or Law Enforcement Can Prepare You For a Second Career as a Private Investigator
- NITA Student Spotlight – Ken & Trish
- How to Become a Private Investigator in Georgia
- Common Private Investigator Mistakes (And How to Avoid Them)