- NITA Introduction and Course Expectations
- Private Detective Overview - Job Outlook and Statistics
- Legal Issues for the Private Detective
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Laws that Govern Private Detectives
- Communication and Interviewing Skills
- Report Writing and Field Notes
- Client Communication
- Courtroom Preparation and Testimony
- Computer and the Private Detective
- Rights of Privacy and Data Privacy
- Situational Assessment
- Surveillance Definition and Methodology
- Photography and Videography in the Field
- Different Types of Investigations beyond Surveillance
- Ethics for the Private Detective
- Minnesota Private Detective Statutes and Administrative Code
NITA is an approved training provider for the Pre Assignment Training required for Private Detectives in Minnesota. This course has been approved through the Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services with a course approval of PPD #037. Completed board approved investigator training, today, to enhance your investigative and private detective career.
NITA's course for Private Investigators will overview of the NITA training platform and from there, the curriculum offers a summary of the investigative industry to showcase job responsibilities and the current job and career outlook. Next, the coursework turns to more specific content on topics that include legal issues and what you can and can't do as an investigator, how to conduct a successful interview and communicate well with your client, courtroom preparation, and privacy rights and laws.
The course further reviews and teaches the situational awareness of the industry to include all aspects of surveillance and ethics. And, finally, the course dives into a review of the MN Statute 326 and MN Administrative Code chapter 7506 , both of which outline the expectations for Private Detectives in the state.
NITA's comprehensive training, approved by Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services, is offered 100% online and 100% on-demand, making it easy to study on your own time and your own schedule.
Upon passing with a 75% or higher, the student will immediately have access to a printable diploma. If requested this diploma can be mailed to the student.
All courses include an end-of-course examination. Students must pass the exam to receive credit for the training. Certificates will be available online immediately for all students.