- NITA Introduction and Course Expectations
- Protective Agent Overview - Job Outlook and Statistics
- Legal Issues for the Protective Agent
- Communication and Interviewing Skills
- Client Relationships and Public Relations
- Report Writing and Field Notes
- How to Conduct a Successful Interview
- Courtroom Preparation and Testimony
- Radio Communication and Industry Related Codes
- How to Prepare for Testimony in the Courtroom
- Ethics and How this Affects Protective Agents
- Patrol and Observation Goals and Technique
- Situational Assessment During Protective Agent Shift and Duty
- Emergency Response to on the Job Situations
- Minnesota Private Detective Statutes and Administrative Code
NITA is an approved training provider for the 12-hour Pre Assignment Training required for Protective Agents in Minnesota. This course has been approved through the Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services with a course approval of PPA #147. Begin your successful Security Guard career knowing that you are completing board approved security training.
NITA's security online training course will overview our training expectations and proceed to cover the security professional industry career outlook. Following next, NITA's training will dive deeper into security content to discuss the legal issues surrounding what a protective agent can and can't do, how to communicate properly while on duty, how to write an excellent report, and how to interview when needed.
As a potential security guard, you will review lessons on patrol, situational awareness, emergency preparation, and ethics. And, finally, the course dives into a review of the MN Statute 326 and MN Administrative Code chapter 7506 , both of which outline the expectations for Protective Agents in the state of Minnesota.
NITA's comprehensive training, approved by Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services, is offered 100% online and 100% on-demand, making it easy to study on your own time and your own schedule.
Upon passing with a 75% or higher, the student will immediately have access to a printable diploma. If requested this diploma can be mailed to the student.
All courses include an end-of-course examination. Students must pass the exam to receive credit for the training. Certificates will be available online immediately for all students.