- NITA Course Introduction
- CA BSIS Code of Regulations, Rules and Laws Governing Security Guards
- Security Guards and Public Relations with the Community and Law Enforcement
- Observation and Documentation
- Communication and Its Significance
- Liability and Legal Issues
- Officer Safety to include Bomb Threat Awareness
- Crowd Control for the Security Guard
- Incident Scene and Preserving the Scene as you Collect Evidence
- Fire Safety
- Incident Response and Terrorism Awareness
NITA is an approved training school by the California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS). NITA's California school license number is ATG 2939 with Jeff Dingle as our approved instructor in California. We are approved to offer the required security licensing in California.
This 32-hour course includes 16 hours of mandatory training and 16 hours of elective training from CA BSIS.
- BSIS Mandatory Training: Public Relations, Observation/Documentation, Communication and Liability/Legal Issues
- BSIS Elective Training: Officer Safety, Crowd Control, Incident Scene/Evidence and Officer Fire Safety
Security Professionals play a critical role in maintaining and restoring order in various situations. As a licensed Security Guard in California, after your powers to arrest training, you are required to complete an additional 32 hours of training for licensure. (16 hours within 30 days, and 16 hours within 6 months). NITA offers all of this board-approved training in one course, available online for your convenience. Our online training follows all guidelines from the BSIS CA Code of Regulations (Section 643, Title 16, Division 7).
Available in a 100% online format that lets you learn whenever and wherever you want, this course provides an in-depth review of how to handle public relations as a Security Guard, observation/documentation, the significance of communication, liability and legal issues, officer safety, crowd control, incident scene, and fire safety.
All courses include an end-of-course examination. Students must pass the exam for each topic above to receive credit for the training. Certificates will be available online immediately for all students.